This Request for Proposal (RFP) governs the selection of a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) for the WIOA-funded operations staff within the Next Generation Job Center (NGJC) framework. The Workforce Investment Board of the Southwest Region, Inc. (DBA Workforce Innovation Board, herein referred to as WIB) administers Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds for the seven local area counties of Barry, Barton, Dade, Jasper, Lawrence, McDonald, and Newton. The local area includes one comprehensive center at Joplin and two non-comprehensive centers at Monett and Neosho. Bids are due September 1, 2016.
The WIB received the following questions by the deadline with guidance responses answered in green on August 28, 2016.
- The Professional Employer Organization (PEO) RFP does not offer an anticipated funding amount or funding ceiling. Can this be shared with bidders?
- Based on previous budgeting, this projection could be estimated at $450,000.
- The RFPs do not detail any supporting documentation requirements. Are there any mandatory assurances and/or attachments?
- As this staffing contract is classified as a vendor rather than a sub-recipient, some of the assurances may not apply.
- Will the winning bidder of the PEO contract be responsible for serving as EOR (Employer of Record) for participants served by the WIB? If so, what is the anticipated budget for those services?
- Yes. If the bidder is willing to serve as EOR for the participants, please include that information in the proposal with a projected participant budget at $100,000.