An equal opportunity employer/program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
All voice telephone numbers on this website may be reached by persons using
TTY/TDD equipment via the Missouri Relay Service at 711.
It is against the law for this recipient of Federal financial assistance to discriminate on the following bases:
- Against any individual in the United States, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief; and
- Against any beneficiary of programs financially assisted under Title I – of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA), on the basis of the beneficiary’s citizenship/status as a lawfully admitted immigrant authorized to work in the United States or his or her participation in any WIA Title I – financially assisted program or activity.
The recipients must not discriminate in any of the following areas:
- Deciding who will be admitted, or have access, to any WIA Title I – financially assisted program or activity;
- Providing opportunities in, or treating any person with regard to, such a program or activity; or
- Making employment decisions in the administration of, or in connection with, such a program or activity.
What to Do If You Believe You Have Experienced Discrimination
If you think you have been subjected to discrimination under a WIA Title I – financially assisted program or activity, you must file a complaint within 180 days from the date of the alleged violation with either:
The Director, Civil Rights Center (CRC)
U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave., NW,
Washington, DC 20210
Voice: (202) 693-6502
TTY: (202) 693-6515
Fax: (202) 693-6505
You may download the Discrimination Complaint Information form DWD-101 (DWD-101 Spanish translation), to complete it and either present it to a local Missouri Career Center, one of its affiliates or mail it directly to the local or State EO Officer listed above.
If you file a complaint at the State or local workforce area, you must wait either until the recipient issues a written Notice of Final Action, or until 90 days have passed (whichever is sooner) before filing with the CRC at the above address.
If the State or local workforce area does not send a written Notice of Final Action within 90 days of the day on which the complaint was filed, you do not have to wait for the recipient to issue that Notice before filing a complaint with CRC. However, you must file your CRC complaint within 30 days of the 90-day deadline (in other words, within 120 days after the day on which you filed your original complaint with the recipient).
If you receive a written Notice of Final Action on your complaint, but you are dissatisfied with the decision or resolution, you may file a complaint with CRC. You must file your CRC complaint within 30 days of the date you received the Notice of Final Action.
Methods of Administration (EO)
- 2015 MOA Documents
Provision of Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Services
Useful Equal Opportunity Links
- WIA Methods of Administration (MOA)
- U.S. Department of Labor Civil Rights Center
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Missouri Commission on Human Rights
- 29 CFR Part 37 – Implementation of the Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity Provisions of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998; Final Rule
- 20 CFR Part 652 et al. – Workforce Investment Act; Final Rules
- 29 CFR Part 35 – Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Age in Programs or Activities Receiving Federal Financial Assistance from the Department of Labor; Final Rule
- 29 CFR Part 32 – Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Handicap in Programs and Activities Receiving or Benefiting from Federal Financial Assistance
- ADA Assessment
- “EEO is the Law” Poster
- JAN (Job Accommodation Network) Accommodations A-Z
- DOL elaws – Disability Nondiscrimination Law Advisor
- PEAT – Employers & Accessible Technology
- Webinar on E-Verify
- JAN (Job Accommodation Network) Multimedia Training Microsite
EO Posters (Multiple Languages)
How To File A Complaint (Multiple Languages)
Missouri Division of Workforce Development Discrimination Complaint Forms (English/Spanish)
- Discrimination Complaint Form (English)
- Discrimination Complaint Form (Spanish)
- DWD-120_(2014-05)- English
- DWD-121_(2014-05) – English
Disability Accommodation Graphics